Music I Made

cvltvre

Hi,
I'm cvltvre and I'm new here,

I started learning how to use Logic in February and am really enjoying it!
Here's is some stuff that I've made.
If anyone has any criticism on mastering or anything else, I'm happy to hear it.

Thanks

hey man, so i can see that you have just begun producing and this is probably one of the hardest steps, the beginning is really tough because you think nothing is going well but i gotta say this is pretty cool for a beginners. cool sounds i recommend yo continue to make music and get some cool sample packs and presets!!! is awesome to have presets because i sound is enough to get you inspired to make a song !! keep it up !

As a beginner you actually made a better and more interesting song than half of this forum :D I'm convinced about your skills.
On the mastering: it's actually not bad! After a song is listenable (so it wont destroy my ****in ears), a good mastering will depend mostly on taste. People say that the low end should be mono because otherwise it'd sounds really weird (just like in your case, bass is stereo, but actually it's sounds interesting rather than annoying). I'd say that experiment with the mono bass, but if it sounds terrible, keep the stereo bass, but lower the high end because that little electronic sounds is what annoys me only. Please keep up the good work, because I want to hear more songs like this. :D

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ve-feedback/new-chilly-wafty-song-f4f-453247/

Wow! Thanks guys!

Zachy: Yeah it is always tough facing music software's. I appreciate your recommendation of presets and sample packs. I'm definitely going to look into some instrument packs and presets, but I prefer to seek out my own samples through youtube/ other internet sites and walking through the city. Thanks again!

Mr Sloth:
As a beginner you actually made a better and more interesting song than half of this forum
Wow really?! haha, that means a lot! Thank you!
As for mastering, you're right about taste. I guess I'm going for more of a lo-fi thing, but I always struggle to keep the bass and kick drum under control without it fuzzing up too much in the headphones. Would you have any tips on keeping that under control while still making as loud as possible? haha

I'm working on a new track with another musician called WiFi Princess. It will be out fairly soon I think. I will be sure to post it when it's finished!

Last edited:
I always struggle to keep the bass and kick drum under control without it fuzzing up too much in the headphones. Would you have any tips on keeping that under control while still making as loud as possible?

Err, I'm sorry but i don't understand. Is your problem that the kick and the bass clash with eachother, or you can't make the sounds louder after a point, because the bass and the kick would distort? For the first one, put a sidechain compressor on the bass track, and set the source to be the kick. This way the bass will disappear for a little time, so the kick's frequencies won't clash with the bass frequencies. For the second one, I'd lower the frequencies below 100Hz, even more below 40Hz since they are barely audible, yet have a ****in high decibel level, which won't let you make the song louder. :)

haha without understanding, you actually managed to answer my question. Thank you for the help! :D

---------- Post added 09-09-2013 at 07:56 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-31-2013 at 10:19 PM ----------

New track. Tried to keep this one a bit simple.

Tried a new mastering technique and made some arpeggios.

Criticism and comments please and thank you

---------- Post added 09-30-2013 at 05:19 AM ---------- Previous post was 09-09-2013 at 07:56 AM ----------

New track up!

My latest track after the release of my first e.p.

Attachments

• 0001881468_21.jpg
    0001881468_21.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 48

http://cvltvre.bandcamp.com/album/blue-horizons-ltd

This is my new e.p. This one only has 4 tracks.

My last e.p is also still up. This has 10 tracks and is very different from my latest.
a3651324867_2.jpg

C∆SSETTE

feedback is welcomed

Attachments

• a1742511648_2.jpg
    a1742511648_2.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 56
  • a3651324867_2.jpg
    a3651324867_2.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
I definitely see great potential here. Escpecially i would like the bass alot heavier on the first track. But thats just me...

Im really feeling your tracks tho´. Nice laid back chillout type music. reminds me abit of some UK shit! Im still a noob myself (been doing this for a couple of days lol.) so i really dont know anything. But keep em coming man if you´ve only been doing this for a year i think thats awesome. i hope i can make dope music like this in a year...

Bless

Thanks! I'm sure you'll be able to produce some cool stuff within a year.
If you enjoyed my stuff, feel free to check out my last releases. Some of them are a bit more bass heavy if that's what you're looking for.

Thank you for making such nice music, reminds me a bit of blank banshee and I mean that in the most positive way possible. Your stuff is really cool.

Back