MPCs and Basslines and Midi ?

GoKeBe

I have a midi keyboard controller, (an oxygen 49 particularly) I'm looking to buy the MPC 1000 and I need to know if I could add a bassline to the beat I make on the MPC without having to hook it up to a PC. I heard you can send midi data TO the MPC so there must be some way to put some patches in the MPC... I'm guessing, can someone clear this up for me?

thank you

I don't know exactly what you mean by 16 levels, anything to do with the 16 pads? I don't have a clue. And by "sample bass" can you elaborate? is there midi involved? thanks for replying

I don't know exactly what you mean by 16 levels, anything to do with the 16 pads? I don't have a clue. And by "sample bass" can you elaborate? is there midi involved? thanks for replying

he means sample the bass note assign it to a drum pad,then hit the 16 levels button on the mpc and tap the bass bap,then put it to Tuning

the simple answer is YES. after you get the machine, come back and ask more questions. with you not having the machine or any inclination about the machine, alot of this is going to sound foreign to you. if you really wanna know what the machine can do before you buy it, try downloading the manual and readin up on it's operation before you buy it, this way you'll know if it does what you want it to do, instead of getting surprised after you get it home.
LevLove

im assuming that the pgm programs will still work for my 2000

# Programs made on the 1000 will NOT load into an MPC2000XL (sounds will) - from mpc-tutor.com

I had a look at some of your downloads Obi, some nice drums in there (some not so nice lol), I downloaded some, thanks.

Just got my 2000xl yesterday, but because of uni work, I won't be able to use it properly until late next week, sucks!

i have a 2k classic its a fun machine. im actually bummed i got mine a couple days before christmas and it died on me on the 4th of this month. I need a replacement part that should be here any day now.

i have a 2k classic its a fun machine. im actually bummed i got mine a couple days before christmas and it died on me on the 4th of this month. I need a replacement part that should be here any day now.
you got the one with the 'flick wheel'?
LevLove

Back