Maschine timing problem

4Tune500Beats

Hi guys,
Hoping you can help me out here. Im using Maschine in standalone mode with the latest software updates with a 2009 Macbook Pro 2.5ghz.

My problem is whenever I record a sequence with quantize on, the timing of the notes is usually off on the 2nd or 4th beat. Not sure why its usually around those notes. Its almost like its shuffling the notes on 2 and 4 over a little bit .

Its not usually a big deal but when im trying to do a highhat pattern at 1/16 and notes on every 16th not, the pattern gets all screwed up.

I checked the latency setting and its set to 160 samples - 44100. It says
Overall -10.8ms.

Hoping yall can help

Maybe it's a midi clock sync problem. Try a different usb port. I don't use Maschine but in Cubase there is option to use the system timestamp for midi inputs. I had the same problem too, before applying this settings.

I feel you dude, same prob here. Brand new maschine owner and i'm having probs trying to record. Which is why i'm asking around what interface people use to record in. cuz this interface is GREAT! until its time to lay something down.

I feel you dude, same prob here. Brand new maschine owner and i'm having probs trying to record. Which is why i'm asking around what interface people use to record in. cuz this interface is GREAT! until its time to lay something down.
The OP's post is about thinking that the beat they made has a mind (or a swing) of its own. It definitely has nothing to do with "recording" or what sound card/interface you have. You should learn about the difference between MIDI and audio.

Are the issues still there if you draw in notes or step sequence? Is the amount that the beats are off identical on the 2nd and 4th beat? Does it fluctuate at all? I have no idea what your issue is, but maybe you can get more details that would be helpful to help isolate the issue.

issue is not there if i draw in the notes, but if i hold down the "Note repeat" button and set it to 1/16...usually it skips a few notes. Its almost like a lag in the computer causes it to skip.
Im using it as a plugin within Logic 9.1.1.

issue is not there if i draw in the notes, but if i hold down the "Note repeat" button and set it to 1/16...usually it skips a few notes. Its almost like a lag in the computer causes it to skip.
That sounds nothing like the problem you described in your first post where you said it was when using it in standalone mode and recording a sequence with quantize on that the notes on the 2nd and the 4th beat were sounding shuffled.

What you're describing now is about Note Repeat while using it as a plugin in Logic. How is it skipping "a few notes"? Is it the same notes or random? A "lag" in the computer causing notes to skip wouldn't make any sense. In fact, the whole "skipping a few notes" thing makes no sense. Note Repeat doesn't skip notes.

And were you talking about Note Repeat in the first post too then, since you said "issue is not there if i draw in the notes"?

Maybe you can provide audio examples of what you're talking about?

Back