Looking for new Audio Interface

T-Top

I'm looking for a new good audio interface with a budget of $800, needs at least 2 stereo outputs, a mic input and a stereo input (the one I have now <Native Instruments Audio Kontrol 1> only has mono inputs, if I try to record a guitar it only gives audio to the left channel). Needs to be able to handle a good amount of audio too (I don't know a lot about Audio Interfaces but I'm sure most handle it better than the garbage one I'm using now, 15 tracks in ableton and it starts crackling).

Anyways, if anyone could let me know of some good audio interfaces that meet what I'm looking for, would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

Budget of $800??? Oh man that's an easy question to answer.

RME BABYFACE.

Done and done. With that budget, your search begins and ends with that interface right there.

Last edited:
If you were recording your guitar and you were only getting the left channel then that could mean it wasn't set up correctly in your DAW. For example, if I'm recording a vocal track or bass/guitar in Ableton I need to make sure that the record input is set to 1 instead of 1/2. It's a mono signal so it needs to be set up that way. If the channel is set up as stereo then you're only going to get the left.

Now if this is what you mean then the Babyface absolutely kicks ass. That's high end pro shit right there. But if you mean recording stereo like a keyboard or other stereo source then the Babyface will not do. In that case get one of the following.

MOTU UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid | Sweetwater.com

or

MOTU 828mk3 Hybrid | Sweetwater.com

Those two have more inputs and outputs than you're probably going to need, but with an $800 budget I'm guessing you're wanting higher end gear. If not, then one of the Focusrite interfaces might work for you. They have great preamps but the quality won't be as good as the MOTU or RME.

Last edited:
Back