lookin' to get a truntable next month...

36 chamber music

im lookin to get a truntable next month. Im mainly getting a turntable to scratch on my beats and sample vinyl.

i use fl studio 9 and a tascam 144 interface, whats the best brand to buy for the purpose im buying the turntable for?

ive looked into numark, stanton, technics, and a few others. Whats the best brand to buy if your lookin for the "best bang for the bux"?

Get on Craigslist and see what's available. Used Technics 1200's are always good. You'll also need a mixer if you want to scratch though.

just picked up a technics 1210 mk2 for £150. from a local record shop. not a bad price compared to some iv seen going on ebay!

Id look into used Technics if I were you. But if you cant find any deals just try and stick a direct drive deck instaed of belt drive, if you plan on scratching

Id look into used Technics if I were you. But if you cant find any deals just try and stick a direct drive deck instaed of belt drive, if you plan on scratching

yeah i planned on gettin direct drive, i heard really bad things about belt drives!

i was thinkin ill get a stanton str8 100, theres a few used one around, i cant seem to find any technics...any feedback on the stantons?

The str8 100's are pretty good, if you can find a str8 150 cop it right away. The Numark TT500 is also alright if you can't find the techs or stantons anywhere.
If you need a needle as well look into the sure m-477.
It shouldent be too hard to find a mixer either, as long as you have an adjustable crossfader curve and a replaceable crossfader you will be fine for a while.

Back