Interfaces about $100 - £80

• Thread starter Phantom Produktionz
  • Start date
P

Phantom Produktionz

I've recently narrowed down my choices of interfaces to 3 choices, but I don't know if anyone has had any experiences with any of these, but these are the interfaces I want:

Yamaha Audiogram 3
Alesis iO2 Express
Tascam US-122MkII

For now, I'll just be using headphones with these, but I will soon be getting some monitors and a condenser mic. I just wanted to know if anyone has any opinions with these. I will hopefully be using this with a mic and I heard that the Audiogram can't stop direct monitoring, I don't know if that's a huge deal or not? I don't know, but any opinions, feedback, reviews etc. would be much appreciated.

Also, if there are any other interfaces around the £80 - $100 range, let me know please

Thanks

I don't have any experiences with those unfortunately.

However... I can definitely recommend that you add used interfaces into your search here. You can very likely get a slightly better interface than you may have thought by utilizing used interfaces on eBay, Guiter Center, Craigslist.. etc. As an example... I got a used Echo Audiofire 4 on Amazon for $250. At the time, it was going for $349 or so.

Last edited:
i heard some good thing about the alesis io2 i bought one from ebay for 100$ still waiting for it i should receive it this week then il tell you if its good

for now i have a behringer uca222 i paid 40 $ the sound is not bad but i knew i will need a beter one its fine for a beginner

I can't get the UCA because I'm looking to use a condenser microphone sometime in the future lol, let me know how the iO2 is though :)

Focusrite Scarlett 2I2 USB 2 0 Audio Interface Home Recording 2 in 2 Out | eBay

$120 USD, free shipping.

Hard to beat this.

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Do you have firewire?

M Audio Firewire 410 Recording Interface M Audio | eBay
$120 USD Buy It Now.

This is just an example of how far your money can go getting a used interface. These things are pretty solid and hardly ever break. You gotta really do some crazy stuff to break one lol.

No reason you couldn't get quality recordings out of either of these.

Last edited:
yo i just receive the io2 today

sound quality is better then my uca 222 its pretty decent for the price

i had some problem with my mic the sound was shit but after some setting its fine now .had to understand how the interface work.

i would say that if you only have a 100$ and want an audio interface right now brand new go for it its working fine.

but seriously if you could save a little more for something better i suggest to wait(we always want something that really sound professional)
let say its sound half professional with the alesis io2 express

Last edited:
Back