In the Mix

soul_arkitech

Greets,

Mixing is purely audible and i do it on what sounds good (in my oppinion). I guess i have a structure and generally stick to that throughout my mixes, however, there is 1 question which i am interested in:- Is there a most effective structure/order of mixing eg, 1. eq 2.compression 3. limiting etc etc... I know doing some things before another can sound good yet the other way round wont

Any help is much appreciated

Greets,

Mixing is purely audible and i do it on what sounds good (in my oppinion). I guess i have a structure and generally stick to that throughout my mixes, however, there is 1 question which i am interested in:- Is there a most effective structure/order of mixing eg, 1. eq 2.compression 3. limiting etc etc... I know doing some things before another can sound good yet the other way round wont

Any help is much appreciated

All engineers have their preferred methods. I like to spend most of the time insuring the production and the recording by deploying an awesome monitoring process. What's left is great sound if I've done so, because the content is so musical. As a mixing engineer it's my responsibility to be a great production and recording engineer. I demand a great and awesome balanced mix to mix. :o

Last edited:
Back