how to properly sequence in MPC software (renaissance/studio)???

elio rubenstein

Heyo, I got this mpc ren. I like and and I finally got it working smoothly (After giving up on the pc and moving to mac). Im just beginning to mess with sequencing. I came up with a simple teqnique but I think there is an easier way. The main problem for me is that after laying down too many sequences the software (not mpc hardware) crashes. It will say plugin failed or just stop working altogether.

Basically I am making 12 or so tracks and mixing those to make the song. Use 6 on this chorus, these 4 on the bridge , those 3 on the outro etc... I'm laying them all down in one sequence then copying that sequence several times (4-8ish) and setting the track mixer differently for each sequence in order to choose which instruments or molodies I want for each sequence. It seems that using this method i am overloading the CPU and probably using way more memory than nessesary. Seems every time i reload the next sequence its basically copying everything and overloading the memory ect. What is a better way to sequence? BTW this mac is running great I dont think thats it.

Another quick and related question: If I want to make multiple tracks using the same plugin (the wub for example), in order to create different melody (verse1 verse 2 etc). Do I simply make a new track and create a new instance of the plugin? Seems like this is innefficient as well, everytime it asks "do you want to create a new instance of "the wub plugin" or whatever. So in the end I'll have wub, wub 1, wub 2 etc.

Kind of hard to explain. Hope you can understand what I'm getting at. If nothing else I'd be interested to hear how you guys sequence. So far I've been able to finish one track before shit started crashing, check it here if your interested. Still learning everything...Thanks!

https://soundcloud.com/elio-rubenstein/sakura

Are you using the Software in Standalone or as a plug-in?
I would just make the sequences and song in the Ren and export it into whatever D.A.W you're using.
Might be faster and save on the resources.

As far as making a new melody with the same plug-in,you shouldn't have to keep copying it to a new track just make a new sequence.The Sequences make the song and the tracks should be laid out seperately to be tracked and mixed.

Peace

Back