How do I decide what laptop is best for me?

acetheface954

Hi, all. Returning from a very long hiatus and I feel like I'm ready to get back into music production again. When I last left I was into making electronic dance music for different house music genre but it seems as though my laptop is outdated.

What should I be going for now? I use FL Studio and my budget is $400. I know that number is too low but it's the best I can do write now. I really just miss mixing and creating. Would really like to get back on that horse ASAP. Thanks!

The latest MacBook Air, powered by Apple’s M2 processor, is the best laptop for most people. The base model, which includes 8GB of memory, 256GB of storage, an 8-core CPU, and an 8-core GPU, starts at $1,199. A model with 512GB of storage, which is what we recommend for most people and will let you keep using the laptop for longer, costs $1,399.
The Air has lost the wedge-shape design that was its calling card for years but retains many of the other excellent features of years past, including MagSafe charging, Touch ID, and the scissor-switch keyboard, and adds a new 1080p webcam and two new color options.
  1. Pick Your Operating System.
  2. Know Your CPUs.
  3. Graphics Cards.
  4. Pick Your Processor.
  5. How Much RAM?
  6. How Much Storage Space?
  7. Check Your Ports!
  8. Webcam and Other Worries.

Stay away from "ChromeBook" or anything that runs "Chrome" operating system ("ChromeOS").
I had one of those for a while and everything is more difficult or impossible on those (except for getting exposed to adware and sexy TikTok videos).
If you'd rather be makin' tunes just dodge those every time. The one I had I donated to a homeless guy; he was able to use it for email, networking, searching for jobs, searching for housing; so it was a good idea to give it away. I shed no tears.

A lot of computer sales happen in February or later. So if you need a better price, if you can wait it out, that might be a good route.

Back