Home Studio Setup - Need HELP

ElwoodJake

Hey guys! I'm about to buy my first gear for my home studio but I'm uncertain regarding the monitors.
I know there are a lot of threads in the web about this, but i researched a lot and I haven't found the right answer.
I read the sound of the Yamaha HS7's is better than the sound of the KRK Rokit RP5 G3's , especially in the mid range.
But I am producing bass heavy music such as Techno or Drum and Bass and since the bass reflex output of the krk's is on the front and i have no opportunity to place the monitors 1,5 m

away from the wall (I read you should place the yamaha's that far, otherwhise the bass won't sound good) I'm not sure if the KRK's would sound better because the bass won't be "eaten" by the walls since I'm in my room's corner and I can't move.
The soundcard I'll buy is the NI Komplete 6.

Also I'm looking for a MIDI controller (<200€).
The best one I've found so far is the Novitation Lauchkey, because I can also use it as Ableton Live controller, but i read that someone's having trouble with it because it won't connect with Ableton.
Next point: Is it worth to spend some bucks on sound treatment? I mean not the whole room but in some corners and at my left and right.

Anyone could help me?
Thanks in advance!

Back