Hi, I have a problem with my new KRKs

weorme

I bought a pair of Krk RP6 G3, and I want to plug them directly into my computer's sound card, I know this is shitty but this is just for now because I will get an audio interface soon.

So I bought two TRS cables, plugged them into an adaptater which 2x stereo 6.5 mm jack female and 1 x 3.5 mm stereo jack.

However, the sound is mono, is it the fact that my sound card output is unbalanced ?

Sounds like you're sending an identical stereo signal to each monitor as opposed to left to left and right to right...

Easy fix if you have 40 quid - 1 phono cable (split) - 2 phono to jack adaptors - Behringer UCA222

UCA222 probably the cheapest USB Soundcard on the market... It's not good but for the money it's capable. I use one for my iPad.

since your sound card is unbalanced you could also just go with rca cables, this Will introduce a bit of noise and degrade the quality somewhat (also due to not having a dedicated interface). I ran this setup for a while before i had an interface and it caused ground problems, i got shocked multiple times, so this is definitely not a good solution but it will work (somewhat).

cop a roland quad capture usb audio interface, cheap as chips..though i still miss my emu 1820 i still have here but blown cappies :(

The 1/4" ends shouldn't be stereo. There's no point. You need something like this: Amazon.com: BesYee 3.5mm (Mini) 1/8" TRS Stereo Male to 2 Dual 1/4 Inch 6.35mm Mono TS Female Y Splitter Cable 20cm/8inch (35M-2x635FM): Electronics

Although, after buying all of these adapters you'd like be reaching the point where you might as well have bought some of the cheap audio interfaces already suggested.

Edit: I'm not recommending the product I linked to. That's just for reference since it's easier to link than to describe.

Last edited:
Back