Help w/ Studio Monitors Please?!?!

cazabitz

So, I only have two USB ports (MacBook Pro). I know for sure you need an audio interface, but I'm not so sure on how to connect everything up (Studio Monitors, MIDI Keyboard, Akai MPC). I want to connect my MIDI Keyboard to my computer as well as my interface. So, how do I connect my MPC? Do I have to buy any extra cables for this procedure? As much help as possible would be appreciated. Stay cool FP ;)

What is your budget? You'll need an audio interface, cables, Midi cables and cables for the speakers. Speakers as well unless you already have them.

Well first you'll need an audio interface. Its up to yo whether its USB, Firewire or another connection. Check out stuff from Echo, M Audio and pay attention to reviews.

After you select the interface start looking at monitors. This will depend on how much you have left over from the interface. I'd suggest looking into some yamaha monitors.

After both of those purchases then look at cables. I can't tell you what type to buy til we know what monitors and interface you have.

Thanks a lot man! I will message you back the info on which interface and monitors I'll be getting soon, so you can help me ;)

Sweet, keep it in the thread for any others that might have this question, but looking forward to what you decide on.

Back