help on having a mpc+motif xs+external sound module setup please.

D major

I sure alot of people have a good hardware setup a thing i never really got to do but i am planning to. My current hardware right now is just a motif xs but im planning on getting either a mpc 1000 or 2500 if i can get it for a good deal.I will also be getting a dedicated external synth too maybe like a korg radias or a access virus just not sure yet. So of course most people run the mpc as the main sequencer and i will most likely do that too and have the motif playing my instruments but not sure how i would use the external module with these all together.Like how would i be able to trigger my other external sound module with the motif?would it just be done threw the thru midi or what? Tell me if this is right.

(master)mpc-both midis in the motif
(Slave)motif-both midis in the mpc+midi thru to the the external module

not too sure if this is right.

---------- Post added 01-17-2011 at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was 01-14-2011 at 07:35 PM ----------

for freak sake thats for the help people.

motif midi out to mpc midi in mpc midi out to synth midi in synth midi thru to motif midi in do all of your midi controls inside of the mpc the motif will basically be a midi controller if setup properly but u can call up the sounds via the mpc enjoy

hmmm sounds simple how you put it but understanding it is confusing. So with this connection i will be triggering the motifs own internal soundsand also have the option to switch back in forth from another sound module. And since a sound module like korg radias or access virus dont have patterns you can save how do i pull up those sounds again when im ready to track out?

Its very simple. Its a chain of events. Your mpc works like a daw where it stores all of your midi information which includes sequences sound locations ect. Your mpc tells your motif to play sounds when the mpc is on the motifs midi channel and it tells the radius to play when its on the radius midi channels.

so when saving everything do i do a save all on the mpc and when going back to that same beat will everything be the same? I dont see how it will reselect the same sounds from the motif or radius. My thinking is that the mpc can save the midi but i would still have to save my pattern on the motif so all the sounds will be back again and the same for the radius.

Back