Good for scratching?

DJ Preshah

okay i just bought a Gemini SA-600 Direct Drive Turntable and a 2 channel mixer. Is the turntable good for scratching? i just need a second opinion. I got the table very cheap

Really, scratching is done with your fingers and the fader. Work on strengthening your figures first.

that doesnt really answer my question...i dont have the table yet its being shipped.

Actually it does answer your question, since scratching is more about fader and finger control. You should be asking if the mixer you got is worth it.

To be honest, nothing from Gemini is good. Your best bet is to return it and save your money.

Well, you might learn how to use this first if its already shipped. cause theres more to turntables then scratch.

Last edited:
Turntables have their place for being a turntablist, if that is what you are going for. I just stick with the common tables, Technics...why? Cause the resistance on the direct drives are different from each manufactuer. U may learn on Gemini, which suck for control by the way, but when u try go out to play and they got Technics...your screwed.

Last edited:
It's not bad for scratching, most of all direct drives are not. But if you wanna get one GOOD for scratching, get the numarkTTXUSB, or Stanton 150, or Technics, or something lik tht.

As for the gemini..
Learn on it, master it, gig on it, make pay on it, then upgrade.
And don't trip, you'll be fine. How do u think Flash and all the old school djs scratched on their turntables

These cats are right tho, it's more finger movement and fader control. Jazzy Jeff could woop my ass on a pair of granny belt driven turntables, cause he got them magic hands.
Just work yur magic hands for right now and worry about the turntable next.
Before tht tho, upgrade to a great mixer. One with a crossfader tht feels great to ur hands.

Peace from Ruff Ryders

Last edited by a moderator:
im running off of the TTX USB also...gotta put some muscle into it in the beginning to get the right sound and placement, but it rolls thru after awhile. Sick control depending on your dexterity and mixer quality, but there is better...

XII the Time

I've used a lot of beginner tables.
They are good for beginning.

But you need the real thing if you want to do it you gotta get Technics.

Last edited:
Back