Getting things to sound like they are at different places in my mix?

HipHopCreations

I'm not just talking simple panning left and right.. On big tracks I hear vox's etc that sound life they are at different palces within the mix, like there is an up or down factor in there, if you know what I mean. For example, I want to manipulate a vox to sound like it's coming from the bottom right of my speaker.. how would I go about doing this?
Thanks in advance homies

In general it's only possible to place a sound left/right and in front/background.
What you describe is only possible with some specialized plugins and the technique works only with headphones.

No. :D There's no such plugin made by Waves. There's one for the Pyramix-DAW, but I forgot its name. But as mentioned, this technique only works when listening under headphones, played back on speakers it sounds weird.

No. :D There's no such plugin made by Waves. There's one for the Pyramix-DAW, but I forgot its name. But as mentioned, this technique only works when listening under headphones, played back on speakers it sounds weird.
I know this is a little late, but I was in Physics class learning about the Doppler effect and that's what I was talking about HAHA! Waves has a plug in called Doppler Stereo/Mono that does what I want it to!

Back