fireface 800 help im stuck

ROCI

just got in my fireface and i dont how to get audio to come out of the fireface, i installed everything that it needs even updated but nothing.i have the speaker connected to output 5 and 6 cuase 1 and 2 i get nothing either. i need guidance any help is apprciatd thanks.

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

just got in my fireface and i dont how to get audio to come out of the fireface, i installed everything that it needs even updated but nothing.i have the speaker connected to output 5 and 6 cuase 1 and 2 i get nothing either. i need guidance any help is apprciatd thanks.

Update to my issue. alright well i connected my speaker back to output 1 and 2. when i was playing itunes i put the second row of totalmix 1 and 2 to output 1 and 2 on the third row. but the problem is that i get some sound but its like a pop but at the same time you can read out the song playing in i tunes but then after the pop you cant hear anything. i was going through this process for about 4 hours and i still cant get no sound. can anyone know what the problem could be or ever heard of this issue? thanks.

---------- Post added 03-01-2011 at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was 02-28-2011 at 08:54 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

Update to my issue. alright well i connected my speaker back to output 1 and 2. when i was playing itunes i put the second row of totalmix 1 and 2 to output 1 and 2 on the third row. but the problem is that i get some sound but its like a pop but at the same time you can read out the song playing in i tunes but then after the pop you cant hear anything. i was going through this process for about 4 hours and i still cant get no sound. can anyone know what the problem could be or ever heard of this issue? thanks.

ok so the problem is that imacs firewire chipset is not compatible with the fw400 cable ou have to have a fw800. this to anyone who has the problem that i have. the RME forums say that everyone got a fw800 cable and it work flawlessly. gonna try that today and we'll. io just cant believe apple and rme hasnt came up with bew update and or new firmware ITS BEEN 4 YEARS since the problem been discovered. shame..

Last edited:
Back