DJ getting back in the mix -- I need some help get'm my equip up to date!!!

beisbol16

Hey everyone,
So from about 1998-2005 I was big into DJ'ing and did some producing at home, and in 2005 I had to give it up to focus more on my real career. Now I'm getting back into it as a hobby and I want to make sure my gear is up to date, and possibly invest in some add'l gear. This is what I had in 2005:

2 technics 1200 tables (still have 1)
Vestax PMC700 mixer (sold)
Event 20/20 studio monitors (still have)

Basically I want to get back in the game and I need some guidance. I want to get with the times and use mp3's to DJ (although I still want to use vinyl to control the tracks).

I was thinking of buying the following and hoping for your input:

1 technics mk2 mixer to go along with the other (I assume the mk2 is still the standard?!)
An awesome modern Mixer (I'd like one that is good for scratching yet has more knobs than the vestax had)
Some type of digital audio scratching thing (Serato? Is that the only option? The gold standard?)
Any other cool things out there? ... A lot has changed so I assume new things have come out!

Look forward to your responses!

Thanks!!!!

Buy the other Technic and get yourself a Rane ttm-57.

Yeah technics are still the standard if your using vinyl. Like johnpuga said grab a rane 57 mixer, they've got the feel you need for turntablism and include the sl1 soundcard built in so you just have to download serato (software is free) and grab some time code vinyls.

Back