Disk Allocation errors

RepSwagHustle

Hoping for some help on a problem i haven't faced until today..

I start my pro tools m-powered 8 and when i try to load a previously worked on session a script screen comes up saying:

"the original disk allocation for this session cannot be used. Check the disk allocation window to see what's changed"

I tried to check the allocation window in pro tools and it shows all my audio in the root media folder tab as none with no options to change it to...

Also when I try to bounce a session that I have edited, PT won't allow me to save saying
my hard drive is not an audio playback volume..

I feel like these 2 problems are related...

Thanks

You might want to up your buffer size. I did that for my computer and protools worked fine. If not you might consider a brand new computer. Hope that helps

Usually that msg in PT means that the session got moved.

Are you running an external drive and saving your sessions to it?

Do any other sessions open or are they all screwed up?

I save my sessions to an external drive and for some reason there are times when out of the blue I get the message that you got. If you "Save Copy In" it should re-write the files to a new area on the drive and then it might play. That is what worked for me.

If you're on PC, do you get any disk consistency errors?

You might need a new hard drive, though I doubt it. And don't buy a whole new computer, instead just replace the hard drive - save money.

If you're on PC, do you get any disk consistency errors?

You might need a new hard drive, though I doubt it. And don't buy a whole new computer, instead just replace the hard drive - save money.

Yeah, good point man. I was getting that problem with my mac, but never on my pc.

To the OP: maybe run a test on your hard drive. When you first boot up you should be able to run a check on the drive, video, ect see if it passes the test.

Back