Crackling Issue, but only for one song

Julian Sullivan

I just wrote a song in FL Studio 11 and I'm having some crackling issues. I'm using ASIO4ALL v2 with Multitech Audio headphones plugged into the headphone jack of my tower. When I play a song that I wrote BEFORE I got this new computer, it has literally 0 crackling issues in it. My new song written on this computer has a ton of crackling. There's still crackles every so often in the song that I can't ignore.

• I tried increasing the buffer size to the max.
  • I have triple buffer on. I have also tried this with it off.
  • I tried turning off all the tracks besides one. Crackles at the same rate.
  • I tried removing effects and double notes from all the tracks. Still crackles exactly the same way.
  • Both the old song AND this new song utilize the same VST: Philharmonik Orchestra.
  • The older song uses MORE tracks and is about twice the length of the new song.
  • I tried lowering the overall volume of the track via volume and limiters. Nothing. Just a quieter crackling that matches the sound of my song
  • When I export the song, the amount of crackling reduces, but there is still some pops every so often. I export at the max settings possible.
  • Max settings export: 16 bit wav file, 512 bit sinc, bitrate 450
  • My RAM is 4 GBs, AMD processor, 64bit windows 7 machine.
  • I should mention that there seems to be two philharmonik VSTs that it recognizes, but I tried loading both with no difference in crackling.

Any ideas?

[*]When I export the song, the amount of crackling reduces, but there is still some pops every so often. I export at the max settings possible.
Any ideas?

this is the one you should investigate further - this suggests that you have issues with the processor handling the dsp calculations whether in program or during export

?32 bit or 64 bit fl11?

stock soundcard or pci soundcard or external soundcard? if either of the last two why are you not using the correct drivers for that card instead of asio4all?

Last edited:
My machine is 64bit, so Im guessing I have FL64bit. My soundcard is AMD High Definition Audio and Realtek High Definition Audio. I make songs by switching to realtek and using my headphones through the tower's jack. I think I'm getting that I need a better sound card? But why would a smaller song from my new comp cause less issues than a song I made on my old computer that is WAY more complicated and larger? I even edited the old song and it remains static free.

when exporting audio from fl your soundcard plays no part in the rendering so it is a processing issue pure and simple

at this point un-install both fl and philharmonick and make sure that when you reinstall, you install the 64 bit versions of both - check obik or brian from Ik multimedia in their dedicated sub-forum here at fp for more insight into issues with 64bit vs 32 bit in win 7 and fl11 32bit vs 64bit

I solved it by a total fluke. Rename Multithreaded Generator Processing to "Hey bud, want pop corn?" I turned that off and there is literally not a single crackle. Strange, because almost every guide on reducing crackling suggested turning that on. Thanks for the help anyways!

Last edited:
based on the title "pop corn" I would have thought it was obvious this was how to create pops and crackles.......

Back