Can't Select Audio Interface As Input In FL Studio?

BenJames

Hello,
I have my Roland UA-55 Quad Capture interface connected to my computer (Win 7 64-Bit) via USB. Connected to the interface is my Motif XS6 via TRS cables & Midi cable. Drivers for both have been installed. In FL Studio I have the Motif set up correctly aswell as the ASIO settings for the interface.

In 'Device Manager' It states that the Roland Interface is working properly. When I open up the FL mixer to select the interface as an input from the drop down menu, a question mark is in which I cannot select anything.

I have attached a screenshot so you can see my setup inside FL Studio.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Midi Settings 2.jpg
    Midi Settings 2.jpg
    692 bytes · Views: 1,019
Hello,
I have my Roland UA-55 Quad Capture interface connected to my computer (Win 7 64-Bit) via USB. Connected to the interface is my Motif XS6 via TRS cables & Midi cable. Drivers for both have been installed. In FL Studio I have the Motif set up correctly aswell as the ASIO settings for the interface.

In 'Device Manager' It states that the Roland Interface is working properly. When I open up the FL mixer to select the interface as an input from the drop down menu, a question mark is in which I cannot select anything.

I have attached a screenshot so you can see my setup inside FL Studio.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

There's no attached image.. It's somethin wrong with the site.. Are you usin some sort of Midi to USB cable? Not too sure but the drivers could be incompatible with Windows 7.. If it's possible to run the actual driver as for example XP, you should try that. Otherwise you should try a different program to make sure it isn't FL. (I'm a FL9 user by the way)

Thankyou for youre reply.

I have a midi cable running from the XS6 Midi Out port to the Midi In port on the interface.
The interface is connected via USB to PC.
I am also using FL 9, If I click notes into piano roll (Midi out track) and select port #1 for my motif I can hear the notes played back through headphones connected to the Interface.

On the Interface box and manual it clearly states that it is compatible with Windows 7, unfortunately I am not in a position to try this on a different OS.

In the ASIO panel, I have the interface set to Input only (Outputs disabled) I have the standard speakers set to Output only. Still, the question mark remains over the input section of the mixer. Any suggestions sir?

Thankyou for your time, it is greatly appreciated.

Thankyou for youre reply.

I have a midi cable running from the XS6 Midi Out port to the Midi In port on the interface.
The interface is connected via USB to PC.
I am also using FL 9, If I click notes into piano roll (Midi out track) and select port #1 for my motif I can hear the notes played back through headphones connected to the Interface.

On the Interface box and manual it clearly states that it is compatible with Windows 7, unfortunately I am not in a position to try this on a different OS.

In the ASIO panel, I have the interface set to Input only (Outputs disabled) I have the standard speakers set to Output only. Still, the question mark remains over the input section of the mixer. Any suggestions sir?

Thankyou for your time, it is greatly appreciated.

With my soundcard I can't get the ins & outs both workin at the same time. I barely understand what you sayin but I bet you real frustrated lol. Idk if it'll help but I had put the Out in the FL mixer on the In as well. That solved one problem. But like I said I cain't get my soundcard's Ins & Outs both workin at the same time. You prolly just gonna have to switch up the workflow. I got my soundcard's outs goin into my MPC's digital Ins. But I can only hear FL when I'm on the record screen. I don't use a midi out track I just play each along each other. I can't hook it up to my mixer thats why I gotta do it this way. Unless I upgrade $120 to the latest JJ OS. It don't really hurt me cuz FL & the MP pretty much do the same thing. If your Motif has an Input Thru function you should check that out. Hope I could help..

The problem is that I cannot select my interface in the mixer as an Input, I need to do this on order to record through the interface.

The interface drivers have been installed and are 'working properly'
My interface shows up in my Devices in control panel, ASIO settings, but NOT in the input section of the mixer.

I'm trying to figure out why I cannot select it from the Input drop down menu. Instead of being able to click the drop down menu, a question mark appears.

The problem is that I cannot select my interface in the mixer as an Input, I need to do this on order to record through the interface.

The interface drivers have been installed and are 'working properly'
My interface shows up in my Devices in control panel, ASIO settings, but NOT in the input section of the mixer.

I'm trying to figure out why I cannot select it from the Input drop down menu. Instead of being able to click the drop down menu, a question mark appears.

I've never been able to do that in FL, not even with uh Mic. So shiitt, we in the same boat.

---

my PCI shows up but like I said I cant use both INS and OUTS at the same time idk.

Last edited:
Thankyou for you're time KE,
Can anyone provide me with an explanation for '?' In the Input section of the mixer in FL Studio?
Could it be the interface isn't compatible with FL?

Interface - Roland UA-55 Quad Capture
OS - Windows 7 64-Bit

All help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Any clues yet?

Soo 2 years later someone comes here with a comment >me< and unfortunately I just have the same problem. ;/ Have you figured this out, Ben?? Thanks

Hello Robin,

After numerous threads & discussions on why it wasn't working I decided to read the FL manual, there it clearly stated in bold writing 'Audio recording is not enabled with this version'

So I upgraded FL studio there & then. When I went into mixer of upgraded version I could select my interface no problem! No problems since.

No problem, I felt a bit of an idiot when all it came down to was me having the wrong version. After upgrade the menu was there with interface. Seems its always some small detail you miss lol

Back