Can anyone recommend a keyboard that can sequence and sample (on a budget) ??

G

gnr2206

Ive got about 400/500 euro about 700 dollar and cant seem to find a sequencer/ sampler. I dont mind if it's from the 90's as long as it good. Im from ireland and there's no asr around, yamaha MM6 can sample and the motif/fantom are too expensive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!!

well the roland x6 and the asr 10 are around the same price, which has better sounds and good sequencing.

Im really looking for a keyboard that can do kinda real synth sounds but can also sample really well and good sequencer. the asr 10 look good as it has good features like the BPM calculator.

Anymore info will help, how much does the asr 10 normally cost??

The ASR10 does not have preset sounds its a straight sampler with keys rather than pads and a sequencer which is what I thought you asked for. The Fantom X6 which is what I think you are asking about is a workstation most modern workstations sample, sequence and have sounds preset into them. The price of an ASR10 varies by where you are buying it from and your location. Locally in Seattle where I live you can get an ASR10 for as little as $200 on craigslist and for as much as $700 if someone really knows what they have. Typically I see them for about $300 for the rack and $400 for the keyboard. On ebay its more like $500-$1200.

why not cop a used MPC and grab a cheap midi keyboard like a casio or yamaha, sub 100$ thing. That would work for what you want. The mpc has a dead nuts simple sampler to work with. Or still possible would be to grab a cheap pc Aprox 3-400, usb interface with 1/4" inputs, or phono imputs would be a plus if you already have a TT, and a cheap midi keyboard, keyrigs are really cheap, now were taking around 600$ use the last 100 on any number of things.

Now heres where dogma and fanboyism can get out of control, there are some seriously good tools on linux for working with audio, and its all free. Rock a real time kernel and your are experiencing far less latency, and while some hardware support can be dicey you can find a driver for most everything. I could list a bunch, or you can pm me if you want a mini build-out. And dont get me wrong, I love my mac, I am about to fall head over heals for logic, I know I am, but theres still that dirty chick on the side that does exactly what I want her to do, and shes always eager to learn what she doesnt know. Thats like the most base way to put how the linux systems I have are. If your familliar great, if not spend some time looking into it, its a great way to do what you wanna do for a lot less money. and when you make good money off your work, invenst in whatever toys you want to!

I am still a fan of the triton and you can find them pretty cheap now

i couldnt cop an asr 10 so i just ordered a mpc 2000 on ebay. 350 $

ill probly get a fantom xr later

And dont get me wrong, I love my mac, I am about to fall head over heals for Logic, I know I am, but theres still that dirty chick on the side that does exactly what I want her to do, and shes always eager to learn what she doesnt know...

I just want to put it out there that this is the best quote about software I've ever heard... Lmao!

Back