Best way to integrate Audio Interface in Fruity Loops?

alxgry

Whatup guys? Im just now finally getting around to adding in my interface to my setup so i can do some vocals/live guitar/external synths or whatever. Whats the best way to do this? I cant seem to get it to record except thru edison, but i dont like that cause its not as easy as just arming, then 4 count down clicks then record...i gotta hit record then hit the other record and shit like you know what im sayin? lol its just not that practical. So if anyone has any help i would really appreciate it

Recording audio

Ight first im going to assume your soundcard has an asio option cause thats what you need to do it.

So step one would be to go to options/system/audio settings then whatever the name of your soundcard is with the asio option select that

2. select song mode

3. go to the mixer and select an insert you can use the master but just use an insert keeps things organized

4. on the right top hand corner there is a selection for an in click it and select an in for stereo if you want the instrument to be in stereo or mono if you want the instrument to be in mono

5. at this point if you play the instrument u should be able to see the volume in the mixer track when u play the instrument or do vocals

6. press record have the metronome count down then play

7. after your done click stop and you should see what you played in the playlist

8. make shure to turn off the the in after each time you do this or it will keep recording the audio everytime you press record and start

Midi to audio

If you wanted to do the midi first then record instead of playing live then you would have to insert a midi out in pattern mode by right clicking a channel then inserting the midi out

2. go to options/system/midi settings then you would select output and the port number you want for your soundcard.

3 go to the midi out in pattern mode and make it the same port number as your soundcard *might have to do some configuration in your synth or keyboard if you want to do mutiple channels and stuff*

4.when you play the instrument you should be about to see the midi data light up on the left next to the master volume on the top left hand corner of flstudio

5. record the midi make sure you don't have the in selected on the mixer channel while doing this or it will record the audio as well

6. edit midi to liking

7 follow the steps on recording audio if it isn't already setup you don't have to put on the metronome

hope this helps

yeah good look. I thgink the way i do it now though and its workin for me is to open edison on an insert and do record on input then i can just hit play in FL not edison and use the metronome that way and it wont start recording till i start. Then i just make sure it starts exactly right then i just chop the end off in the playlist with the scissors. It may not be the best but its wroknig for me. And for my external synths im just gonna use a midi out and then record the midi out in edison and drah and drop.

Might not be the best but it works. Its a whole new ****in world for me! endless percussion possibilities...i finally got a "AHH" breath sound now thanks to me :D

Back