Best Midi keyboared for a newbie on the keys ? Recomend ?

WadeDEEP

Hi

im thinking of getting my 1st midi keyboard and i dont know which one to get .

im currently weighing my options between (Considering the price) :

1. Akai LPK25 USB MICRO KEYBOARD CONTROLLER

2.ESI Keycontrol 25 XT

3.M-Audio KeyRig 49 49-Key USB MIDI Controller or the 61 key

or should i jus save and get the Oxygen 25?

which one wil be best for me
?

another thing to take into consideration is , i don't play piano (planning on doing some music theory and piano tutorials when i get one)

. so does affect the amount of keys i should get .
if you don't think any of the above is suitable for me . please recommend something else

i dont want to get one il regret later

If you plan on actually playing instead of single-fingering notes with one hand, get something with at least 49 keys. 25 just gets cramped quickly (and I really only would go for those in case it's important that it's small & portable). I personally think pretty much all those cheapo keyboards feels just as cheap as they cost, and would save up for something better (Novation's Impulse series is a nice mid-tier contender, for example), but as said - personal preference. If possible, venture out to a music store and try 'em out a bit so you get, well, literally, a feel on how they are.

Buy once.

Don't get one w/ no features if you're eventually going to want one with good features. There is no such thing is "beginner" gear IMO to be honest. There's only good gear and not so good gear. All gear has a learning curve, no matter the cost. So... buy right the first time and keep it.

A 2nd the 49 key recommendation. Anything less feels limiting and you can't use 2 hands. 25 key controllers are moreso helpful as an "addition to" your existing keyboard. For instance... it may be more fun to play a bassline on a 25 key, using the limited feeling to your advantage. Or you won't be at your studio for a weekend while ur away... so u through your 25 key in a backpack so u can still create on your laptop in your hotel room.

Buy once.

Don't get one w/ no features if you're eventually going to want one with good features. There is no such thing is "beginner" gear IMO to be honest. There's only good gear and not so good gear. All gear has a learning curve, no matter the cost. So... buy right the first time and keep it.

A 2nd the 49 key recommendation. Anything less feels limiting and you can't use 2 hands. 25 key controllers are moreso helpful as an "addition to" your existing keyboard. For instance... it may be more fun to play a bassline on a 25 key, using the limited feeling to your advantage. Or you won't be at your studio for a weekend while ur away... so u through your 25 key in a backpack so u can still create on your laptop in your hotel room.

What features are you referring too , any cool ones i should know about ? with the ones i named above which one do think has the most features ,

im seriously considering buying the key-rig 49 ? wil that be good enough to start with . i see it has no no nobs on there , can i buy another type of audio controller after a while to maby use it to controle the nobs on my workstation .

thers so much gear that i still need to learn about , i guess i should go to music shop and physicaly check everything out myself

thanks for the help everyone you realy are opening my eyes to a new world

I am also looking for a keyboard at the time, and thought I would just add on to this post. What are producer's thoughts on weighted vs. semi-weighted. Is there a big difference? I have looked at keyboards for a while now, but just got some finances to purchase one. I have looked at everything from 100 dollars to 4000 dollars. Is it worth it to get a 200-500 keyboard or 1000-2000 keyboard?

Another thing, what brands are people using? I see M-Audio and Yamaha and Casio are some of the most advertised, but what is the best? I know it's a personal thing. I have heard that a lot, but there is a good, better, and best out there. So I was just wondering on the thoughts you had.

Thank you for your time.

dont make the same mistake that i did, buy one with at least 61 key, i have an alesis qx49 was really happy at the beginning but now that im getting better and i feel very limited about it . 49 key is not enough if you want to play piano with 2 hand and have enough space .

I also just begun and didn't want to spend too much for a keyboard so I got a Keystation mini 32... indeed somewhat limited, but it helps udnerstanding the basics if you're a beginner just as me

Back