Behringer B1 with Roland Tri Capture Sound Very Low

Fornicras

Hello I'm new at the forum, if this is in a wrong place please move it, thanks.

I bought Roland Tri Capture with Behringer B-1 microphone, I don't know why but when I try to record the Mic, Mic's signal is very low and also it's stuttering. I tried everything I can but still couldn't fix it. Guitar record absolutly fine but the mic... Here's a SS of the sound wave of mic's recording:

(top channel)
q8zk15.png

Can you tell me where might be the problem? Thank you.

Have you tried it with another mic cable? Have you tried it with another mic? If you don't have these, borrow from someone. If neither of these work, and you've already checked everything else, then it's possible that either the mic or the input jack on the Tri-Capture is faulty.

Have you tried it with another mic cable? Have you tried it with another mic? If you don't have these, borrow from someone. If neither of these work, and you've already checked everything else, then it's possible that either the mic or the input jack on the Tri-Capture is faulty.

I thought of that actually, in fact I tried another thing: I plug my keyboard to the Tri-Capture output and when I use Mic it could be heard on keyboard's speakers with no apparent problems. I think there is a problem only when I try to record it. Unfortunately, I don't have any other Mic or Mic cable, I can't find a mic but I think I can buy another mic cable, though I don't think problem occures because of that. Is there may be a problem with sample rate or buffer size? Tri-Capture's Sample Rate is set 96k, and buffer size 100msec 9600 samples. I'm new to this hardware and maybe I don't know how to use it correctly? I couldn't find any video in order to guide me because this thing is unpopular I think...

Sorry if there is any error, not a native English speaker here.

I thought of that actually, in fact I tried another thing: I plug my keyboard to the Tri-Capture output and when I use Mic it could be heard on keyboard's speakers with no apparent problems. I think there is a problem only when I try to record it. Unfortunately, I don't have any other Mic or Mic cable, I can't find a mic but I think I can buy another mic cable, though I don't think problem occures because of that. Is there may be a problem with sample rate or buffer size? Tri-Capture's Sample Rate is set 96k, and buffer size 100msec 9600 samples..

Hmm, the mic cable is an easy/cheap enough thing to check & fix...but that said, those settings are slightly odd. Recording @ 96K is almost pointless - there might be some super high-end (that is, every piece in your recording chain, including the room) benefits when you're recording some extremely delicate acoustic material, but 95% of the records in the world are done in plain ol' 44kHz. With 96k, you're just really making double-the-size files and put double the strain on your CPU. Also, while that big a buffer shouldn't really cause problems like that - on the contrary, it should be super duper safe - there should be no reason to keep it that high. Most modern interfaces should be able to cope just fine with <10ms latencies and buffer sizes of a few hundred at max (my rig runs just fine at a 64 sample buffer, for example - not high end).

Last edited:
Back