beginner budget A/I for laptop

mousetrap

is there a good, cheap (>$150) "beginner" (apologies for the ambiguous term) audio interface for laptops?
I'll most likely be using Reaper with a Sony Vaio E series laptop.

Couple things to note

- Audio interfaces aren't catered to just a desktop or laptop, so you can take that much out of your search
- I wouldn't recommend getting anything too cheap. I got a Native Instruments Audio Kontrol 1 for my first Audio Interface and it's garbage. Yes, it sounds much better than my internal sound card, but it gives me lots of problems like crackling audio and I have to unplug and plug it back in, then re-open my DAW, etc.

If you can afford it, throwing in a little bit more money might be worth your while.
However I'm not too knowledgeable about different Audio Interfaces so I'll leave that with someone else, but hope that helps a little bit :)

How many ins and outs do you need? If 2 in and 2 out is enough, the Focusrite Saffire 2i2 seems to be good enough in that price range, it got generally quite good reviews. I'm gonna also buy a Fousrite interface, a Saffire Pro 14. Bring your laptop to the store and try it before you buy. Or if it's not possible, get it from somewhere where you can return it to if it isn't good for you.

Back