audiophile 2496 is it advisable for music studio use

sdik

Tha Great S-dik
Hi pals, I own a home studio using audigy 2, wondering if I could buy this m audio ap 2496 for better upgrAde. Does it make any difference.

Thanks in advance.

Its fine. I used to have the firewire version of it back in 2004. I would wonder if it is still compatible with current computers because they are quite old but they sound fine and the latency on them is very low. Again just make sure they work with modern computers. I also believe they are pci rather than pci express.

most decent PC's still have PCI slots. Cheapo-deluxe PC's usually don't (the $295 Walmart special typically doesn't).

The audiophile 2496 is a great card. Like you, I'm currently running an Audigy2 in my rig after having sold my Audiophile192. At some point I'll get another card, and it'll likely be a 2496.

The 2496 has Win 7 drivers but not sure if they will make drivers for Win 8 (from the testing I've done most Win 7 drivers work just fine so far in Win 8).

Like the guys said above, older but does have low latency with it being PCI. My only thing with it is no pre's. Not a bid deal if you have an external pre especially if it outputs SPDIF. I had one a while back with no complaints.

Last edited:
Back