Audio output switchbox?

rezzyceo

Hey FP, so Ive been recording with a lotta people lately in my bedroom studio and i frequently switch between my headphone outputs and my monitor outputs to record while using headphones and preview on the monitors but i have to unplug one output and plug the other in which is kinda annoying. So i want something i can plug my main output into and split it between the headphone input and the monitor output with a switch or button to change from one output to the other. I've been searching online but i've only been able to find the opposite, 1output and a switch between 2 different inputs.

Passive switches should generally be bi-directional.

This is the one I used, and I know for a fact that it's bi-directional (either 2in+1out or 2out+1in):

Sescom iPod Stereo Audio MP3 FLAC WMA Player A/B SES-IPOD-AB B&H

It says "iPod A/B Switch", but that's simply a marketing term -- it works just fine with anything. It's a just passive switch. No power required, etc. High quality parts.

IIRC, it comes with some velcro-type material for attachment purposes -- I didn't use it because I had my own.

Worth the $30 I paid for it (even though I was hoping to spend much less).
The only reason I got rid of mine is that I switched to an audio interface which has a separate output for headphones.

-Ki
Salem Beats

There are also plenty of purpose-built units for this - look for "monitor controllers". Not that there's anything really wrong with a simple passive switch like that.

And, of course, just about any proper audio interface will have a separate headphone output in addition to the main outs...

Back