Anyone else not give a **** about your records?

ego killer

i mean to an extent.

personally i don't give a damn about the covers condition, i'll write notes on the back, use black electrical tape on broken seams, toss records i don't like in the closet until i can figure out how to get rid of them. i also don't clean my records unless they sound like an aborted fetus.

basically i don't care whatsoever about how much they're worth, just the music that's on them. so the only care i really take is not to scratch the ones i like. in other words i am not a record collector or one of those assholes who poaches dollar bins for all the good **** with no intent to listen to any of it, just planning to put it on ebay.

Have to agree with Rekorhead and Beatza on this.
I would cop anything,(when i lived in Va.)just because i could get them cheap but i treated them
like children.It's not about money,value,or re-selling them,it's just about pride in your collection.

Peace

On the contrary, the only way to preserve vinyl is to take good care of it. If everyone treated it like crap, they wouldnthave lasted since the 60's and 70's. I also wash them with alcohol if need be. Vinyl are time capsules. They capture the moment. Vinyl is valuable also because many original recordings will never be reissued especially now since physical cd's arent that popular.

Last edited:
I take care of my vinyl. I paid for it so why not care for something you paid for. I'm not worried about the resale value or stuff like that, it's just the point of maintaining something I bought.

I care for my vinyl. I own records that will "never" be available physically again. In twenty more years, lots of vinyl will be out of reach as far as cost goes for most of us.

On the contrary, the only way to preserve vinyl is to take good care of it. If everyone treated it like crap, they wouldnthave lasted since the 60's and 70's. I also wash them with alcohol if need be.
This. My records are important to me and I want them to last long so I take good care of them. Doesn't matter if the record is worth 500€ or a 1€, it'll get a protective plastic sleeve (will protect the cover in the long run, good for people with kids who like to help selecting records, or houses with cats [read:cat hair] too) and it'll get cleaned properly with isopropyl alcohol mix as most old records usually have some grease and dust build up..

I sell a few records in a flea or online on the occasion, but only stuff I don't want in my collection or unnecessary doubles. Listing online takes too much time though so I rarely bother with it. I sometimes buy other people's old collections and end up getting things I don't need, so it's good to put them back in rotation as somebody else might appreciate the record. I take good care of those records too, as there's no point passing forward a trashed record.

Last edited:
Covers get trashed (same for CDs)unless they look good when I got them and/or I bought them because of the artwork, but the actual soundsource is always handled carefully.

Back