Akai S900 doing everything it should...except playing a sample

rasputintin

Hi there,

I am new, looking for some good advice on my Akai S900...I often search these forums for help but just can't find anyone with the same problem as me this time! Basically, I have finally had delivered my Akai S900 which was supposed to be in perfect working order but I just cannot get it to play any samples. I can record samples in - and here is the weird part - I can play back the sample once I have recorded it, but once I go the the 'play' menu, it is just stuck on 'TONE PROGRM' and won't let me see my samples. The PB button will also not play the tone.

The other strange thing is that I can only hear the sample (from the record menu) out of the 'Mix' output on the back and not the main output from the front.

Has anyone got any ideas? I'm going to open it up I think but don't have the right Philips head screwdriver to hand so will have to go to the DIY shop tomorrow.

Oh, and if the info helps, the LCD backlight doesn't seem to work, not sure if that is related.

Thanks so much for any advice you can offer,

Mark

Before opening your S900 I think you should first try opening the manual, the procedures are all written out in plain Engrish....better yet watch the S900 video manual on Youtube.

Before opening your S900 I think you should first try opening the manual, the procedures are all written out in plain Engrish....better yet watch the S900 video manual on Youtube.

What's Engrish? I had read the manual and watched the video, it wasn't quite the same as in the video (and I really don't think the manual is that well set-out to tbh). I've worked it out now though, seems you have to go into edit program and select the sample manually, the play function seems only to show 'TONE PGRM'.

Thanks anyway

Engrish is the result of poorly translating Japanese into English. You might also find the S950 manual to be a slight improvement over the S900 manual.

re

Does the tone sound work, then it works. you need to make a new program with the samples you recorded. its basic operation and in the manual.

Back