Akai MPK49 or MPK61

hipe03

Hey people!

Im new here, just wanted ya'll opinion on this matter. I really like akai's mpk range. Are there any differences between th 49 and the 61 besides the side of the controller?

Thanx in advance!

hey
i got the mpk49, im not sure about it but from what i saw and read the only difference is the number of keys and pads (mpk49 got 49 keys and the mpk61 got 61 keys). if you want my opinion thats just a question of comfort

remember it doesnt matter the hardware, it matters the music you'll do with it

peace out

the 61 just has 4 more pads and 12 more keys. i just picked up a mpk61 and so far i think it's great. i'm a little disappointed with the pads because i'm coming from a mpc 2500 and i thought the pads would be just as good. i still don't mind them tho. a couple of weird things about it tho is that there is no on and off switch. you just have to connect and disconnect to turn it on and off. also the tap tempo light always blinks which is sorta annoying. anyone know if there is a way to get it to stop blinking?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx so much guys, so i guess its going 2 be the mpk49 then :) will pick it up on Monday. Also i am doing a switch from the Tannoy Reveals 2 the KRK VXT6 studio monitors, hope its a good switch?

Thanx so much guys, so i guess its going 2 be the mpk49 then :) will pick it up on Monday. Also i am doing a switch from the Tannoy Reveals 2 the KRK VXT6 studio monitors, hope its a good switch?

you're welcome give us some feedback about your experience with the mpk49

peace out

So i got the AKAI MPK49, diggin it very much. Check the pic i attached. Setup is still abit rugged tho.

Hey people!

Im new here, just wanted ya'll opinion on this matter. I really like akai's mpk range. Are there any differences between th 49 and the 61 besides the side of the controller?

Thanx in advance!

they're pretty much the same except the mpk49 has 12 pads and the mpk61 has 16 pads.

there seems to be other differences

I read the descriptions on the akai website and it seems "The MPK61 has Key Split, enabling you to control two different sounds from the same keyboard."

i am currently deciding if i should get the 49 or 61. Not sure how useful the key split function is for me but maybe it would be helpful for a live gig.

i cant post links yet but check out the akaipro website for more info on the differences

also the tap tempo light always blinks which is sorta annoying. anyone know if there is a way to get it to stop blinking?

the only to turn it off is if the mpk is set to external clock.

---------- Post added 09-30-2011 at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was 09-16-2011 at 09:17 PM ----------

the 61 just has 4 more pads and 12 more keys. i just picked up a mpk61 and so far i think it's great. i'm a little disappointed with the pads because i'm coming from a mpc 2500 and i thought the pads would be just as good.

you can try the Fat Pads Akai MPC 1000 Extra Sensitive Thick Fat Pad Set ( Black )

anyone know if there is a way to get it to stop blinking?

Sell the MPK and get a better keyboard. That'll do it.

Nah, just kidding. My microKONTROL did the same thing with its tempo light. It would've been fine if I had been able to actually sync it up with the tempo in my DAW.

Back