A Stupid Issue i'm having with the refill packer for Reason

donny

Hello.

I have sampled a few of my instruments, and for the life of me I can't seem to pack .sxt/ .wav file folders that are no bigger than 7 gigs. I am even having trouble packing folders that only 4 gigs. all of the files are 44100, 16 bit files, there is a splash.jpg, and info.txt file in the folder where the samples reside, 75 percent into the packing, I get "An unknown error occurred!". This is pissing me off and I want to know if anyone can shed some light on this issue.

Thanks

Last edited:
If you have reason 4, update to 4.01. There was a backwards compatibility issue between 4 and refill packer. If you have reason 5 make sure you have the latest version of refill packer

Also, what filesystem are you running? This kind of sounds like you might just be hitting the max filesize limits...(although it shouldn't really be an issue nowadays)

The refill packer caps you at 2 gigs. Yes its stupid I agree especially because Props themselves release refills that are bigger than 2 gigs. Abbey Roads and Reason electric Bass both come to mind.

Back