12-Bit SAMPLER: Akai S9OO vs S950

Seeing as how you already know your way around the ASR 10, I say you get an EPS Classic for that 12 bit grit. you can pick up an EPS Classic and get right to business without wasting time on learning a new piece of gear.

I know its an old thread but I agree with this I've got the EPS and The 16+ if you know you way round the ASR10 then the EPS is 12 bit and is IMO far better than the Akai's best to try and find one with the scsi 4x mem and the 8x output expander as all those extras are near impossible to get now

have u looked at some other alternatives? i'm sure you can find software that can replicate the 12bit sound. 12bit is digital not analog which mean that it can be replicated in software very accurately. Don't forget also that a lot of the drum going through those 12bit sampler were also processed with compressor and eq of those days.
If you are on MAC check the NOTE REPEATER application from MAC App Store. there is a video on youtube: NOTE REPEATER smk7dev
also u could check 112db morgana google it

re

software does not replicate it well and there is a specific hardware component involved in the original sound. if your going after a certain sound might as well go to the original source.

Back