’Last Summer’ OUT NOW (Dance, EDM)

8/10

It's a well-refined and well-produced track with clear vocals and a well-placed and well-executed drop, but suffers from the infection of the mainstream, being relatively consistent in terms of melody and structure. I suggest looking into SOPHIE's or Lady Gaga's songs into inspiration on diverging from the mainstream.

It would be a great song if i was listening to it on the shop's speakers whilst getting some carrots and milk, but nothing really sets it apart from the next song on the radio's playlist.

8/10

It's a well-refined and well-produced track with clear vocals and a well-placed and well-executed drop, but suffers from the infection of the mainstream, being relatively consistent in terms of melody and structure. I suggest looking into SOPHIE's or Lady Gaga's songs into inspiration on diverging from the mainstream.

It would be a great song if i was listening to it on the shop's speakers whilst getting some carrots and milk, but nothing really sets it apart from the next song on the radio's playlist.
Thank you for your feedback!

Exactly what I have been thinking myself. It was my debute release and this was a track that I wanted to finish althought it’s far from perfect. In the future I’m going to produce more deep/melodic house tracks. Cheers!

It was my debut release
Everyone has to start somewhere, i guess. My own debut "release" (i had published many even worse songs earlier; they're all gone now) was horrrible and i'm ashamed i even made such a horrible thing (to be fair, that was in 2019, when i was 12 or 13 years old).
and this was a track that I wanted to finish althought it’s far from perfect. In the future I’m going to produce more deep/melodic house tracks.
I wish you luck! When it comes to making things, it's better to make a lot of things quickly rather then spending years working on a single thing.

IIRC, there was a study where one group of people were asked to spend a 30 days working on a single clay pot and making it "perfect" and another group was asked to spend 30 days making a pot a day. Both groups were judged and those who made 30 pots a day had higher results on average. Take this as a metaphor for your music.

Back