What Will You Do Once SoundCloud Becomes a Paid Service?

WilmurBackpack

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to be posting this thread, but with all the talk around SoundCloud becoming a $10/mo service in the near future, I was wondering what alternatives will be used to share tracks among listeners for free?

Youtube, Mixcloud or we start too buy and sell music again, like before you know when music was worth something...bandcamp.com would be good for that.

It's not. They're releasing Soundcloud Go which a paid feature but they'll still have the free accounts. They'll gearing up to start paying artists (Woo!). And in order to do that, they need to raise money.

That's why the ads are coming on too.

The same free services will always be there. It'll be more like Spotify after but cooler.

Last edited:
Think i can same as what Epsilon said, With loads of artists out there on soundcloud, REALLY popular artists would be getting money for music they post on SC

Leave.. but i dont think that soundcloud would be make a paid service only.
I think free user account would be able all the time and than i use it. if only paid service i leave it.
Mixcloud + soundcloud got paid service.. that u can increase the features. thats ok. but u dont need it.

Back