that "wah" trumpet mute sound

bonerici

So recently I have gotten into this electro swing thing, and want to use my favorite trumpet vsts, but need to replicate that "wah" sound you get when the trumpeter moves the mute over the horn. I know I could use a guitar style wah on it but it's not quite the same.

Any suggestions? I'll try anything. It doesn't necessarily have to be authentic, I just want to keep it from sounding too modern.

What are you using? All in-the-box, or can you do a real filter sweep with one hand while playing with the other (on a controller)?

GJ

I'm not sure why it matters? I'd prefer to play it on the keyboard while controlling the filter with a knob but whatever works

If it's a really simple/easy part, I could just play it and send it to you for pretty cheap. I'm not a professional trumpet player but I played through college and occasionally record trumpet for my own beats. I could use a plunger or harmon mute or whatever else you're looking for. Hit me up if you're interested, no worries if you're not... thefunkjunkie@gmail.com

If it's a really simple/easy part, I could just play it and send it to you for pretty cheap. I'm not a professional trumpet player but I played through college and occasionally record trumpet for my own beats. I could use a plunger or harmon mute or whatever else you're looking for. Hit me up if you're interested, no worries if you're not... thefunkjunkie@gmail.com

I can play it myself, I just hate playing a real trumpet in my apartment, my neighbors get mad lol. That's why I want to do it on my keyboard.

Back