Using my Roland FP-7F's default sounds in FL Studio

JayDL

Hey everyone.

I'm wondering if it is at all possible to use my piano's default sounds in FL Studio somehow?

I'v done some googling but I'm not quite sure I know what to ask for so I figured I'd ask here:p

-J

is your piano connected via MIDI to fl? this is how you will control the sounds it makes

is your piano connected to an interface that is accessible by fl? this is how you get the sounds into fl using record features

is your piano connected via MIDI to fl? this is how you will control the sounds it makes

is your piano connected to an interface that is accessible by fl? this is how you get the sounds into fl using record features

It is connected through my MIDI, yes, and FL recognizes it too. Although I cant seem to get it to play the
various presets on my piano. I can use like Nexus for it but I want the presets on the piano.

Edit:

I mean, I need a channel or something

Last edited:
clarification - is your piano audio outputs connected to an interface? this is what you also need to do

What do you mean by that exactly? Could you explain it perhaps?

I use my midi keyboard all the time, so the midi settings are fine. I just want to record with the piano using the sounds on the piano.

your midi interface (while it may be part of the audio interface) is separate from your audio interface options for this activity

the audio outputs (L(mono)/R) of your FP-7F need to be connected to an audio interface connected to your computer which fl then uses to record the audio controlled via MIDI

do you have an audio interface?

if not get one then it becomes easy to do

if you do then using audio cables connect the audio out of the keyboard to the inputs on the interface

the rest is internal to your computer, its OS and fl input routing

do you have an audio interface?

if not get one then it becomes easy to do

if you do then using audio cables connect the audio out of the keyboard to the inputs on the interface

the rest is internal to your computer, its OS and fl input routing

No, I probably dont. I thought I could just connect it and hop right on FL Studio.
Any recommendations?

Back