Tutorial: How to chop samples

I use a simple program called acid pro to grab the sample loop. it renders out fast. try it <<, you can also record streaming audio from the web, so its easy to grab an old school sample

The beauty is you do it how you want or learn new ways by experimenting. I try on different DAWS and hardware just to get that other perspective.

A super awesome/quick way to chop samples in logic pro x

Yo, if anyone uses Logic X here's a quick tip to QUICKLY chop samples that I recently learned through trial and error.

So what you can do is import an audio file into Logic's ESX 24. The sampler will chop the audio file up automatically and lays them out on a keyboard, so all you have to do is play the notes or draw them in as you would any other instrument.

1. Right click on an audio track
2. Convert -> Convert to New Sampler Track
3. * a window pops up, set the desired parameters such as the root key
4. Play the chops using your midi window/ keyboard

Let me know if you have any issues or questions!

I've been producing for a while, but I'm not that experienced with sampling (currently trying to learn). I'm usually able to make decent sampled loops, but I just can't get this one 'on beat'. It should be between 55 and 70 BPM. Could anyone do it for me, or give me any tips on how to? It would be GREATLY appreciated. I can provide an Mp3 file if necessary...

Last edited:
@AndKrs - Ableton has a warp function which can help sort out timing. I warped the beginning for an example:here.
Edit: Check out this loop for reference here.

Last edited:
that was so useful ! i use fl studio and it works great. check out my beats and give me some feed back appreciate it :)

Back