Thread: Stop sounds from blending in FL Studio 12

Thanks

Stop sounds from blending in FL Studio 12

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum and using FL studio. Right now I am having the same problem with multiple instruments. If I'm using horns or an 808 the sounds just seem to blend together and never stop. How do I shorten the sounds so this blending doesn't happen?

Thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dynasty410 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    You'll need to post a few audio examples and think a little more about how to express the issue(s) in written terms. Right now it's very unclear what your problems are.

GJ

Thanks
    Hello and welcome ,

I think you mean you want the samples (either horns or 808 ) to stop playing after they played again . That's simple.
    Press the sample -->Miscellaneous functions --> cutself ( If you want a sample to cut itself ) or adjust the numbers to your liking .

Hope it helps!

Thanks
    maybe eq both instrument, so they don't clash?

Thanks
    Here are a quick easy fix:

The sound is blending into other instruments because of a parameter we call "release time" release time is how long it takes the sound to fade out. In FL 12, you can easily change this with ONE BUTTON. in the sampler window, under "pre computed effects" there is a button called "Out" which enables you to FADE OUT / TRIM the ending of the sound wave to make it shorter. this reduces the release time and will make your 808 Cleaner through out the mix.

the next method is a little advanced, but in the sampler window, if you go to the envelope tab (the middle icon) go to the "volume" setting, then edit the curves of the sustain, decay, and release to your liking for more control over the sample. reducing those values will also shorten the 808. IF ALL ELSE FALES, TRY ANOTHER 808 SAMPLE IF YOU HAVE ONE because sometimes changing the sample itself will solve the issue. Also, make sure you EQ the 808 with your kick so it doesn't blend sonically. (you can low cut about 60-80hz of the 808, and boost a bit 4 - 5db of the kick around 100 - 120hz.) Message me if you need any more tips / help!

Thanks
    And another tip: If you want your 808 to have that "stop and go" effect where it triggers on then automatically off when the note ends, go to your volume envelope setting, and reduce the ATTACK, DECAY, SUSTAIN, AND RELEASE. then increase the "HOLD". to your liking. this will make the 808 sample play ONLY FOR THE DURATION OF THE NOTE PRESS. and will go from 100% volume to 0% after a note is released, removing the release tail all together.. again, these techniques are stylistic so it depends on what your trying to achieve.

Thread Information