Soundcloud Statistics

Epsilon-144

Musician and Producer
Does anybody else use the soundcloud stats?? they're not as in depth as YouTubes but they're pretty cool to look at and analyze. You can make some strategic decisions on new projects using the data from them, but just don't tell your fans. (I know from experience, it freaks some of them out if you say "ya, i saw you played my song 80 times...") hah!, but sound clouds aren't even that in depth! YouTube is a lot more in depth (down to the age, gender, and location of viewers).

Soundcloud does lets you analyze stream location (to the user's city). This is useful for planning tours and shows. Obviously you want to book gigs in areas where people listen to your music... The downside is these stats cost more money. ;/ goddamn swedes

But ya, I'm just wondering if anybody looks at them. lol it's kind of funny to see where your fans are and like who they are...and it's helpful of course.

it's the information age, baby.

Last edited:
hey
i would sure look at them, but right now i don't see a reason for me to uprgade my soundcloud to a paid account.
but when i'll used all the 'free upload time' i will enjoy these stats for sure ;)
cheers

haha right on, ...ya it's lame that soundcloud charges for them. YouTube makes them free AND has a better monetized platform for earning money. But soundcloud will get there eventually (hopefully).

Back