Some one give me challenges !!!!!!!11

thegold12

Hi im stuck in loopitis,i make a drum loop and and add a piano or a sample onto it and then thats it.i cant seem to jump out of that a make a full song and when i do end up making a full songs its just that loop duplicated like 14 times,maybe a fade in for the begin or a fade out for the end but i can seem to jump out of that process.i want to do something different and challenge myself but since im a beginner i dont know where to start and what to do differently so i end up doing the samething over and over again.no progression at all...so i was wondering if someone can tell me how they go out of that if they've had a similar problem in the past or if anybody for that matter can give me something that that the would think could help thanks :)

I have that same issue 24/7. Learn some scales and chords and a tiny bit of sheet music is all I can suggest.
That theory terminology crap though, eh...
Could also memorize bits and pieces of your favorite songs too, makes it easier to memorize what note makes what sound too.

Moved thread. User Contributions is for contributing quick reads and useful info, not asking for help. Good luck

You could always try to use a minimum of 3 patterns per instrument or try to create 5-10 drum loops minimum for the song

I'd say if you get stuck in a loop, and have no idea where to go with it, odds are you simply sat down and started creating random stuff in the first place without the vision of what you want to do.

Basically I'm saying; if you have no idea what you're doing, how can you know what to do?

If you have the vision, you'd know what to do with what you have.

start with the main part of the song then break it down to make the intro outro and mid section. use multiple layers of basses, leads percussion etc to make it easier to build a standard arrangement

Or just stop doing what you do now. Start with something else than the drums; don't use a piano for your melodies; don't use samples at all. Restrictions are often inspiring. This obviously doesn't mean that you shouldn't ever again start with drums etc., but rather consciously break out of the cycle you're in and do something different.

Back