Reality Of Producing Full Time / Not starting off by selling beats

Hey guys!

I hope this is an okay part of the forum to post these videos. For the past few years I've been a pretty behind the scenes guy, building my production companies. I finally got around to making some videos on business & creative guidance for freelance music makers. So far it's been an exciting and verve wracking experience making this public videos lol. I'm a pretty private dude. But, I hope that they connect with you and that you get something out of them.

Enjoy :)

I started a sound design company 3 months ago and my life been amazing ever since. Doing music full time is def possible and hella fun!

I want so bad to work full time with music. I have invested in my own studio location but i have 2 Jobs :(. RIght now the studio landlord is building a booth in my room and i have about until April 1st before i move in. Im going to let one of my jobs go but i really want to quit both and grind heavy in the music. I am a beginner tho I can barely make beats as is but i know if i want to be successful in the industry constancy is key.

Obviously possible "offline" with cash in hand, easier much more reliable network than any social site will give you. Full Time online? maybe. Some of the Highly Dedicated producers on the net most likely are but its a lot of work, promotion, consistency and tbh Ive been there done that before all this wack shit saturated on the net & I'm glad I was part of the pioneers from mp3.com. Back before facebook, twitter, soundcloud etc on soundclick there were only a handful of us eating. IMO I would not rely on selling beats online, get a job even if its casual but Do Not rely on sales online unless your Promo/SEO game is extremely strong. In this day & age you hafta have a back up plan and that plan is a J.O.B

Back