Thread: PANNING: underestimated but very important!

Thanks

PANNING: underestimated but very important!

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi guys, i remember that when i started producing and getting into mixing, i found it very hard! one of the biggest mistake i did, was underestimating the panning, yes i knew it was something i needed to know but i didn't really understand how important it was. So at one point i started to really get into panning and try different ways to make my mix sound wider and balanced. Well, once i've learned properly my mixing skills improved quite significantly. I would like to share with you guys this article that i've written my self and i am sure, it will be really helpful for those that don't really know how much can the right panning change the quality of your mix!

Audio Panning Techniques | Instruments Tips on how to pan like a pro!

Keep up the work guys, love this forum!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cicciosound For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Yes, it is. Some of the producers try to achieve the perfect "room" with some kinda stereo imagers which can be useful. But many of the cases panning is the right solution. While stereo imagers can destroy the sound itself, panning feels more natural. Sometimes I layer synths with similar sounds and panning them differently. That gives nice body to the sound. Also, I offer to pan every element in the groove section differently. It doesn't matter that the shakers are coming from the left or the tambourines coming from the right. The important thing is the result, all together.
    Nice tips from you btw.

Thanks
    Excellent article thanks!
    Playing guitar in a blues/rock band. Recording music in my home studio. Family. Jesus. My dogs. My truck.

Thread Information