No More SOundcloud Groups!

Just an update that has recently been brought forward! Soundcloud will be doing away with its Soundcloud Group feature sometime late August. As many of us apart of this site know, if you use the groups, the company realized that it has not been beneficial or showed forth any progress, therefore, its gone!

No one peeps your music in the groups anyway. Its like people drop off their music and vanish, only to return with more tracks but never checking out the tracks of others.

It still seems to be there as of now when are they getting rid of it? I don't see why it would hurt soundcloud, it just a bigger way to share music. @ILL GREEN I listen to the tracks on the groups, ive met a lot of cool people through there. But yeah, there is a lot of that track dumping aswell. **Nevermind late august

Last edited:
No one peeps your music in the groups anyway. Its like people drop off their music and vanish, only to return with more tracks but never checking out the tracks of others.

True statement in terms of the drop and vanish! Especially from those groups that have a hell of a lot of followers which you would assume would get some type of feed!

Pretty much same thing that happens on FB groups.
People just spam the hell out of the groups with their mix tapes and their fire emojis and thats it.
Nobody takes the take to show love back etc.
Honestly i dont see how it hurts soundcloud in any way,Maybe they should incorporate a F4F system like we have.

Back in 2008-2012, groups were cool, you gave and received feedback and you gain new fans on the way, thats how I gained my listeners. But now, its just plain spamming and if you do get comment, its full of shit just to get you to comment on theirs. Soundcloud should just have a bulletin board and everyone can post new music there.

I have a feeling that soundcloud is going to slowly remove more features and place more limitations on free accounts. Ever since I heard about their new payment plans, just seems like a matter of time before they really d*ck over us free account users.

hopefully they won't take it too far and straight up ruin soundcloud altogether, they're scrambling to start turning profits

I don't know why they would get rid of a simple feature that undeniably increased the "socialness" of a social media web site. The only reason I could think of is to save storage space from the data of groups which I doubt is much.

Back