New song in the style of deadmau5 WOULD LOVE FEEDBACK!!

I can hear the Deadmau5 inspiration in that synth sound you've got there. I'd warn against sounding too derivative. That said the sounds are great, I particularly like the warm atmospheric chords in the back. The drop definitely needs a lot more slap. The bass synth is alright but you've got almost no sub involved. You're gonna want the bass note on a sub track right along with the kick, it will really fill out the sound of the drop.

The first 2 minutes are good, it could almost be its own track. Quite atmospheric and smooth, I like the pads.
The drop at the 2 minute mark isn't good, but I can see where you wanted to go with it. I would suggest making the drums, specifically the kick louder, and sidechain the bass to the kick if you have not already done so. The kick and snare at the drop has to be the centre of attention.
Also, as dougal mentioned, you need a sub bass under everything to give it the "oompth" that its missing.

Thanks for your feedback, I love to hear what people think as i get near to zero views or comments on my channel so your advice is very helpful!!

drop section needs to be longer and louder. the breakdown part takes up most of the song and also is a bit loud compared to the bassline. maybe try volume automation up to the drop. get some sub bass like the others said or layer more low frequencies in there. maybe add some more sound effects throughout the track. otherwise i liked the song which is why i decided to comment. have nice day

Yeah tbh I made this song a while back and my knowledge wasn't great however I'm 16 now and in college studying music now so thanks to peoples comments and reviews, I am able to change my music and now when you listen to an updates piece of mine you can see the improvements and how I put in things like a sub just as you suggest. Anyway thanks for your comment because it helps out a lot.

Back