need help sampling

cadoip

im ok with sampling i just do basic stuff but i wanna learn more like how to just get a vocal from a sample or remove vocal or remove drums so its just the instruments 1 thing i really want to do is take the g funk whistle out of the gta san andreas theme song so its just the whistle nothing else no other instruments or drums any help?

Hi,

Not really sure how to do this.

You might want to simply recreate it, or leave it alone.

All that comes to mind is removing the frequencies to get the desired outcome
but that won't work because you'll still have other sounds in the mix.

This can be really hard.

I suggest recreating it.

Hope this helps,
Devin

Hi,
It's something that is not always feasible, it depends very much on the sample you chose, to remove the battery you can try to cut some frequencies with an eq, obviously if you have all the drum parts, it becomes impossible.
For example, if you have only the snare you want to remove, you can try to cut the medium and high frequencies, and resound over the snare you want to take off, a new snare, played by you.
For isolate a vocal try to use RegVoiceTrap.

Last edited:
Honestly man your better off trying to find the stems for the given sample that you want. Its pretty hard to remove a whole element from a song I have actually tried that before and it didnt work to well lol People say use audacity and stuff but I think it dosnt really work well. Youll get some frequencies that pull through your sample even if you try to remove something.

That's pretty damn impossible.
The art in sampling is finding those isolated sounds, or good loops. That's 90% of it.

Besides, that whistling sound (if you mean the one I think I do) is easily recreated in a synthesizer anyway... if it doesn't come pre-loaded as a patch.
IF you desperately want sample it, dig around for some old G-Funk records... that sound was all over everything in the early to mid ninetees so maybe you can find usable bits there.

Back