Midi to use / song help

Mr screw packer

Hi guys I'm new here and have a couple of questions, I'll start by saying a Little about myself, I make songs in my spare time mostly progressive house and have done for years but all purely for fun, I'm self taught and am always learning, my soundcloud name is arron dodd and YouTube channel is Mrscrewpacker If anyone wants to hear my songs (they pretty basic). Anyway here's my questions :) I made a tune and saved the midi, I just wondered if any1 uses other peoples midis to remix tunes etc do people do that? If I sent a midi does any1 want to make a song out of it? Or does no1 do that kind of thing.

My second question is, I've made a tune but can't make a beat to go with it, if I send someone the song (with no beat) could they add a beat? It sounds cheeky but just wondered if any1 likes doing things like this in spare time . Sorry if this is in wrong section

Last edited:
To answer your first question, I wish that people would send MIDI either when hiring or collaborating, it would make things easier for sure. Most people just bounce stems though.

To answer your second question, yes, people definitely do that. I know a couple producers who excel more at melodies than drums so they call on others to help out (at least, they try to).

Also, noting the phrasing of some of what you're asking, most people probably aren't interested in remixing a song that isn't famous; you would want to find collaborators around your same skill level who like what you do and they would be the ones who finish or "remix" the tracks with you.

thanks for the reply :) do you think this is the forum to find those people at same skill level or should I look else where , im happy to put whoevers name to my tracks if it finishes them , Mr Screw packer Feat Cannibalmusic ? no . lol im guessing your way above my standard , thanks for the advice

Back