Massive Sub Bass Preset?

Otis Merrit

Hi guys i know its a very simple thing to do but i'm really struggling to get that perfect sub bass that im after. Im producing drum and bass so i was wondering if i could bend any ones ear for 10 mins to walk me through it or maybe you have an old patch i could take a look out. I would be very great full. I used to create all of my subs in a synth that came with logic pro. but now im back on cubase with massive.

ANy help would be great guys.

Regards
Otis

What's the issue with using Massive for your sub compared to the logic pro synth?

Are you doing anything beyond just a pure sine wave at constant volume?

Hi thanks for the reply. I think it's just because im not too experienced with oscillators. I'm sure there are plenty of videos on youtube which i will check out later tonight. The program i was using before was very simple. You just select the wave and there is not much you have to do beyond that. With massive all of the buttons just seem daunting lol

In that case could you post an example of the two subs you've made so I can give you advice on how to make one sound like the other?

I cannot update my massive either because this versions was handed down to me. What im going to try is installing the new demo and loading the patch into that. Then screen shot the settings. Fingers crossed

All working thanks a lot! Thanks for your time and i will certainly credit you in the future

Otis

Ah, no problem mate, it only took a few minutes :p If you want to learn more about using massive and sound design feel free to shoot me a message on here or on soundcloud :)

Well im a slow learner mate. Ive been dicking around since i was 12 years old ( 28 now) and have only in the last couple of years been happy to show people what ive made. I used to be embarrassed. But now after running multiple Drum & Bass record labels im finally at a stage where i can get my stuff out there. My debut release hit number 2 on track it down top 100 a year or two ago and that was a big confidence boost. The problem i have now is the computer im using sucks. I used to be on a high powered mac. But ive had to rebuild my studio because of debt, and im using a crappy pc from ebay. Audio channels are fine but as soon as i load vst or two it all goes down hill. Ive re purchased some monitors and the pc is the next buy. It all takes time when you are skint lol

I used to have the same problem with my old laptop with is crashing from VSTs. You should try out the DAW LMMS, it works great with shit hardware, it's free but it's actually quite powerful. Just food for thought. And damn, sounds like I'd actually have more to learn from you, I'm 23, been producing EDM for about 5ish months now, although I do have a background in music since I was 11 so I know my theory and understand music in a general sense already.

Back