Is Kanye An Overrated Producer?

I could care less about who's too mainstream or underground.
If I like the music, I like the music. Doesn't matter if it's kanye, gold panda or skrillex being talked about.

no, he has done great things.

this guy is confusing producing with rapping. on a rapper level he's average, but producing he is gifted.

Last edited:
No as a producer , he has done so much and so good things,in all of this years he keeps to stay consistent and creative, you can see his music's evolution and his wide range to create something beyond the geners

Nah. I think people think so these days due to it being so much more widespread than it was back when he made those songs.

Definitely not overrated. Saw an old interview the other day and while there were people doing the soul samples with the pitched up vocals at the time, he really helped bring it to the mainstream. Plus the work he did with Jay-Z is legendary.

I think ever since he went with the whole Kardashian thing, selling yeezys, he was more on his producer game.

Is he overrated? A bit.

I think he's become overrated if that makes sense.. in his early career he was hungry and you could hear it in his productions.. now he's claiming to be a visionary etc but that could just be an excuse for i cant be bothered to make fire anymore .. lol .

ya, i agree with konkosskang, music is all subjective so... some will like it and some wont, but ya I think he gets too much credit where other artists deserve it definitely. Radio has been controlled by weird people for the past many years.

but then again, video killed the radio star so maybe he's rated so highly because of his videos...who knows.

Last edited:
It's funny cause I remember back in '09 when "808s and heartbreaks" dropped and most rappers were "adopting" Kanye's style and everybody wanted to be Kanye. I like RA's music and I think he's a dope and talented rapper, but he just sounds like a hater right now which doesn't surprise me really because Jedi Mind Tricks and pretty much all Army of the Pharaoh's crew feel the same way especially about Kanye and Hov. I think Kanye has proved much more than he has to, and no one can take that away from him.

I think that Kanye is really good producer but as a rapper...he can drop some dope verses on one track and super wack on another

I love Kanye as a producer, as a rapper not so much. I really like his gospel flips, even when he does pair them with songs that don't use the sample except for small portions (IDFWU).

I think his newer releases shows a great way of thinking making music. Bringing a lot of different people in and let them give the song their touch gives a unique sound and pushes some boundaries of what popular music can be imo.

Is RA the Rugged Man an overrated rapper?

Guy has been around for ages, sick spitter but has he done anything truly amazing beyond killing third verses?

Back