Importance of useing a Keyboard for making beats

svbeats215

This may sound, silly. But, when I got back into beat making I normally would use my midi keyboard for selecting sounds and getting a general idea of what I wanted. But, would then lay down the progression and such only by mouse in the piano roll. (IDK why lol)

Just switch back to recording from midi, instantly was able to see how much better the beat would flow together. If you are someone that did this also and dont know to much about chord scales as I do. Just use the C scale to records and go back and edit things to fix it or to change the scale

While midi devices aren't necessary, they certainly do feel that way after a certain point.
Don't need to pay much attention to that since the chromatic scale option in a daw just gives access to all notes in all scales by default.

I don't really see the point in using those particular functions tbh the ones in daws where it blocks off notes that aren't in a scale those.

Using a piano to find notes and a mouse is like buttered toast.

you can get a cheap midi keyboard for less <€50 Id definitely recommend it to any new musician or producer.
I find its a way to make sounds more tangible and real. Also if you use it for recording you can improve your musicianship at the same time.

Back