Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Im confused

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Writers have a term for this: writer's block. I think this is a kind of block that every artist goes through, no matter what the medium. I may be going against the grain here, but I would say keep pushing against the block until you break through. If you wait around for inspiration to strike, you'll never produce anything either.

Thanks
    I get this regularly, and it is maaaaad frustrating. Every artist has peaks and troughs in terms of creative output...even the pros
    What I usually do is to walk away. Stay away from the studio for some period of time. Then come back to it. The risk with bashing your head against he wall until the wall breaks, is that you may end up hating the whole process of music production, which would be a tragedy.

Thanks
    Try to create out of the box... do something you normally wouldn't and see if that helps.

Thanks
    Listening to lots of different music for inspiration has always worked for me.

Producer and artist Brian Eno and an associate came up with a deck of cards to get people out of creative jams. The deck is called "Oblique Strategies." For the time being, at least, the deck is available as an on-line tool here: Oblique Strategies

GJ
    Gregg Juke
    Nocturnal Productions
    The Sonic Vault Recording Studio
    Drum! Magazine Contributor

Thread Information